Back to real life. This is no fun. Here are some All-Star Game bullet points as I count the seconds until regular baseball comes back:
- I typically despise the All-Star break and only watch the Derby or the game if I’ve got some blogging commitment. The empty MLB schedule feels like a tiny little winter in the middle of summer, and you guys know how I feel about winter. But I still jumped at the opportunity to buy Amanda Rykoff’s extra ticket, because I love meeting Internet people in real life!
- Through another series of “how is this my life” coincidences, I ended up with the opportunity to do
redgreen carpet photography at a party put on by the MLB Players’ Association and Players For The Planet. It was amazing. The pictures I took are here. My favorites are the ones of Curtis Granderson – you will see why when you look through the photo album!
- I try my best to not get starstruck or whatever, but I geeked out more than a little bit upon meeting Justin Verlander. Hello favorite!
- The Derby was more fun than I thought it would be. I felt like a little kid watching Prince splashing so many into the fountains. And when Trumbo hit the one on top of the HoF roof, Amanda and I actually stood up and high-fived each other. We couldn’t help ourselves. That ball, by the way, was on display inside the HoF by Tuesday afternoon when we stopped by.
- Not a single part of this would have been possible without Twitter. Haters of Twitter: To the left, please.
- I’m so proud of my cousin and his team. So many people from around the country were seeing CrownVision for the first time, and I heard nothing but good things.
- Being at The K with someone who was visiting for the first time was an absolute delight. I’ve been there more than a few times, but saw the familiar stadium through fresh eyes by walking around with Amanda.
- As I was leaving the view level last night, I heard a very old man behind me tell his friend, “This week, I crossed FOUR things off my bucket list.” <——THIS. THIS is why we do sports, isn’t it?
Again – check out my pictures from the MLBPA party. Despite wearing my most comfortable heels, my feet were killing me by the end of the night. So I hope people enjoy the fruits of my labor*.
Hopefully my next post will be to congratulate Wil Myers on his promotion to Kansas City?
*most fun labor EVER